Get in contact! 

Use the form on the right to send us an email OR phone sales on 1300 795 327. 

46 Main Western Road
Tamborine Mountain, QLD 4272
info@deepcyclesystems.com.au
Tel: 1300-795-327 (Sales)

Technical Support +61 420 684 092

Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5pm
Saturday 8.00am – 1pm

46 Main Western Road
North Tamborine, QLD, 4272

1300 797 327

Deep Cycle Systems is a Lithium Battery manufacturer supplying battery storage systems for marine, recreational vehicles and the renewable energy sector.  

Blog

Deep Cycle Systems - Informative Articles.

HOW DCS BATTERIES ARE SLASHING CUSTOMERS POWER BILLS

Paul Tomolowicz

Back in June 2016, DCS was contacted by Rachel from Byron Bay in NSW. She was frustrated with her ever increasing power bills and was looking for advice on how to reduce her power bills.  She was using on average 20.64kWh per day ($2,625 per year). 

We advised Rachel that she required a 6kW solar system, 5kW hybrid inverter and 10kWh of DCS lithium battery storage to achieve a significant reduction of her electricity bill.

After receiving some other quotes and doing some independent research Rachel came back to us and wished to proceed as per our advised system.

So, in September DCS installed 6.24kW of solar, a 5kW hybrid inverter and a DCS PV 10.0W kWh battery.  $19,990 Incl. GST fully installed.  

We checked in with Rachel a month later to see how things were progressing and to ensure she was happy with the systems performance.  Rachel told us that she was absolutely thrilled with the system and the results she was able to see via the advanced monitoring portal.  We asked to look at October’s results and it’s easy to see why she was so thrilled!

For the month of October Rachel used a total of 469.46kWh and only 39.65kWh was pulled from the grid – that’s only 8.44%, with the remaining 91.56% being self-consumption (from the battery and solar). 

Rachel’s daily consumption for the entire 31 days of OCT can be seen in the graph below;  

 Rachel's bill has reduced from 469.46kWh x $0.30 =  $140.84 per month  to only, 39.65kWh x $0.30 =  $11.89.  Saving 91.56%.

Rachel's bill has reduced from 469.46kWh x $0.30 = $140.84 per month to only, 39.65kWh x $0.30 = $11.89.  Saving 91.56%.

   
  
 
  
    
  
 Normal 
 0 
 
 
 
 
 false 
 false 
 false 
 
 EN-AU 
 JA 
 X-NONE 
 
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
 
 
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
    
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
   
 
 /* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
	{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
	mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
	mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
	mso-style-noshow:yes;
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-parent:"";
	mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
	mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
	mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
	mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt;
	mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
	line-height:107%;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:Calibri;
	mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
	mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
	mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
	mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
 
  Rachel also managed to export a total of  391.69kWh  back to the grid during this 31 day period, getting paid a scandalous $0.06 =  $23.50!

Rachel also managed to export a total of 391.69kWh back to the grid during this 31 day period, getting paid a scandalous $0.06 = $23.50!

And how hard has the DCS PV 10.0 battery been working during this 31 days?  As can be seen in the graph below the battery has only been fully cycled on 2 occasions!  

DCS PV series battery typical voltage cycling

We estimate that Rachel will cycle her battery a maximum of 100 times a year on average.  

That’s a 25 year life span before the DCS PV series battery arrives at 80% original capacity.

If you want to secure your families future and hedge against rising electricity prices and make a difference to the environment, then switch to a DCS hybrid system today.   

DCS PV series batteries have been developed in Australia for Australian conditions.  DCS PV series should be your first choice for solar battery storage.           

Deep Cycle Systems - DCS PV solar power lithium battery